I just couldn't stand not sharing my new creation, so I thought I'd give you a little peek of "Jenny Book" that I finished yesterday. It also is BEAUTIFUL!
Have a great day....smile, laugh and create!
Stay warm, smile, laugh and create!!
B...is for boy. Does anybody remember the song...Boys are made of Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts? I had to look it up on the internet...My seeeeeeeester and I used to sing it. I actually didn't remember it being so gross though!
C...is for CREATE....the essence of life!
D...is a DREAM....
E and F...the day I went from Erskine to Forsythe...what a day to remember...
H & I...Have Imagination....I used Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 Art Rules stamps...aren't they yummy!!! I can't wait to get ahold of her new releases!!!
Every time I go to a LSS, I try to find something our store doesn't carry, something unique to add to my collect. This day I choose this stamp. I've already used it...way cool. I will have to post picts at another time.
Now to my Make it Monday....I had said I wanted to work with Metal and I did!!! I went through my stash and came across a few sheets of metal, I believe it came from Making Memories. I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Floral Fantasy, I think that's the name, embossing folder. By gollie it worked. (I found that larger pieces had a tendency to curl.) I then took an embossed piece of metal and cut it into 1" squares.
So I got a little ahead of myself and started cutting pages...need to focus and cut the pages to the right side...note to me! So after I conquered the Zutter...I turned my focus to the cover.
I chose paper for the cover, one of my faves, Cosmo Cricket. I cut the paper 10x7.5 and using the scoring blade in my trimmer, measuring 1" from top, bottom and right side, I made scoring lines. I then cut the corners out.
I repeated the process for the back cover. Then I cut a third piece for the binding. Now to designing the cover. I found a little of this and a little of that. Chipboard, lace, a page from a book, some very cool paper, paint, and Ink, Ink, Ink!!!
Once I had a basic idea of what it was going to look like. The fun began!!!!
So after a little more of this and a little more of that....voila....the finished cover!