Now, I would normally run to my Distress Inks, but this time I decided to go with another type of ink, Color Wash. I had bought a new book the other day and had been wanting to try a technique they talked about Batik.
And I had been reprimanded by my son that I never scrap him.....now I have to say photo selection is very limited with him....and guy layouts don't flow quite as easily as girls....especially because I'm not supposed to use flowers.......WELL I DID ANYWAYS...
Here is my take on the sketch.....
Now.....my son is super creative (not sure where he gets it from!!??!?) and very picky (I like to say he knows what he likes....once again......not sure where he got that from!??!?)
And I am proud to say.....he gave this layout "two thumbs up"!!!
(which can I say is quite the achievement!!)
and as I stated before.....I did get a flower in there!! I created it using the "Sewing Tape Measure" that was included in the kit. I cut 4" pieces, folded them, stapled them with my Tiny Attacher and then painted over the petals with a mixture of Claudine Hellmuth's Acrylic Paint. I then accented the center with buttons.....hehehehe snuck that flower in!!
there you have it...my edgy Boy page....WITH A FLOWER!!!
I created a template for the flower and cut the piece parts from the A~MAZING Kraft Resist Paper. Which I then inked with Fired Brick Distress Ink. Spritzed them with water to help with the forming process. The center flower is made from Crinoline, cut from the Tattered Floral Die and spritzed with Mustard Seed. Each layer is held together with a brad then adhered with Multi Medium. As a final highlight....I dabbed on Fired Brick Distress Stickles.
The flourish was cut from Grungeboard. I painted one side with Gesso, turned it over, and when dry (hopefully you got some of the Gesso on the back side) I inked it with Peeled Paint
and formed it and tucked it under the Flower!!