Monday, June 1, 2009

The Last Page

So I sat down Saturday...after Doug and I planted our veggie garden...and decided to finish the last page of my cloth book!

I started the process by using a template from Crafter's Workshop to create a design a piece of copper. Then I painted over the image with Gesso, sanded it off and painted the design with Alcohol Inks. Doug thought it looked "SICK"!

I had wanted to add some embellies, so I pulled out me jar of metal findings...old and new. I came across this cute dragonfly. I think he was from a class I took with Tim Holtz...and it never would stay attached. Being a one of a kind (in my stash) I decided to us it as a template to create a similar one for my page. As the page evolved I realized.....it was bigger than just the last page in a book.

Sooooooo....I pulled out a canvas I had. I used my Reinker/Water Mini Misters and spritzed away....coloring the back of the canvas...smearing it with my fingers...ohhhhh....getting dirty!!! Dabbing on Distress Stickles....they are becoming a fav of mine!!!

Here is my final product! I think I need to get a larger canvas for the next project!!!

So I challenge you....sit down....and let your creativity flow...don't be afraid to try things...mistakes sometimes turn out better than the original thought!

No comments: