Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Broken......

HEARTS HEAL!!!

Without going into details....life as I've know it has taken a twist.

I signed up to be a part of


I've not been real faithful as most of my spare time is taken up with assignment....but today I knew I needed to create this page, in truth the idea surfaced last night so I began ripping up the pages.

I am not typically a "journaler" but I wanted to get out of my box and try something different!!


For this spread, I knew I wanted to start with a the heart and it morphed from there!!!
EVOLUTION as Julie calls it.
I adhered torn dictionary pieces to the page with Multi Medium. I then, created a stencil and painted with Claudine Hellmuth's Studio ~ Dash of Red acrylic paint. The heart was spritzed with a Black Soot Reinker Mixture. To accentuate the heart, edges of the page and the verbage....
I used Claudine's Charcoal Black acrylic paint. 

The flowers are from Prima and colored with watered down Dash of Red paint. The green, which to me signifies LIFE, is from a Lettuce Paint Dabber. The accents are Platinum Stickles.


I wanted to explain the symbolism of the page and this saying came to me........

WE WILL EMERGE AS A FLOWER.....FOREVER CHANGED BUT BEAUTIFUL!!

Today......that is what I hold on to!!



FYI.....do play along this week with the Simon Says Stamp and Show Teamies.......
they've created some FANTABULOUS stuff!!!





8 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful pages, Lynne!
I find I'm not successful at straight journaling very often, but art journaling? Great combination!

Peggy Lee said...

Fabulous artwork, my heart feels for you and keeps you close in my thoughts...love the journal pages.

Carol said...

Wow Lynne! Emotional and Beautiful journal pages! Thanks for sharing them.

Linda M. Cain said...

Fantastic pages. TFS!

Linda

Justine said...

Very cool love the bandaid across the heart, colors and a bit of grunge. Neato

Dee in N.H. said...

Just gorgeous Lynne! TFS!

Sandi said...

Thinking of you! It came out just absolutely beautiful!

AngC said...

Gorgeous page!