Friday, April 8, 2011

been waiting...

to be able to share this layout!!!

It's my teams week over at Let's Capture These Sketches and here is Charlotte's sketch

I decided to multi task last month as everything was due about the same time with TONS of other stuff going on...

So, I chose to use Dixie Pieces April Kit
full of black and white
Jenni Bowlin papers and
gooodies!!

And I had been reprimanded by my son that I never scrap him.....now I have to say photo selection is very limited with him....and guy layouts don't flow quite as easily as girls....especially because I'm not supposed to use flowers.......WELL I DID ANYWAYS...
Here is my take on the sketch.....


Now.....my son is super creative (not sure where he gets it from!!??!?) and very picky (I like to say he knows what he likes....once again......not sure where he got that from!??!?)
And I am proud to say.....he gave this layout "two thumbs up"!!!
(which can I say is quite the achievement!!)




and as I stated before.....I did get a flower in there!! I created it using the "Sewing Tape Measure" that was included in the kit. I cut 4" pieces, folded them, stapled them with my Tiny Attacher and then painted over the petals with a mixture of Claudine Hellmuth's Acrylic Paint. I then accented the center with buttons.....hehehehe snuck that flower in!!









there you have it...my edgy Boy page....WITH A FLOWER!!!

Don't forget to hook up your creation over at
Let's Capture These Sketches!!!




5 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Giggles! Glad he forgave you for the flower cuz this is awesome!

Kathy Eddy said...

This is spectacular! I bet he does approve! Your flower is wonderful. Great idea.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Stunning LO! What fabulous colors in these gorgeous pp's. That flower is so creative and wonderful!

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Sandy Ang said...

What a cool LO ! Just perfect as I agree scrapping guys are tough.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Love the circular thingy (is it a card?) and the LO is fantastic :-)
Anne xx