Sunday, May 29, 2011

STAMP....STAMP....STAMP!!







DO YOU OWN A STAMP?
.........and which one is your favorite???
The teamies of Simon Says Stamp and Show
want to know!!!

My favorites change with my mood.....which is ALL THE TIME!! so I chose not just a stamp but a collection....
Hero Arts ~ Real Garden Petals!! because my mood is ALL ABOUT green growing things!! 
Flowers.....Flowers and More Flowers.....















I created a Grungepaper Rose, a video tutorial is available, and highlighted it with Terra Cotta ~ Dimensional Pearls and colored it a Wild Honey Reinker Mixture, Wild Honey Reinker and Mini Mister















A little bit of stamping, some Rock Candy Distress Crackle paint and a Metal Corner....oh the BEAUTY.









I wanted to share a bit of a tutorial on "Watercolor Stamping"

I inked the stamps with Wild Honey, a bit of Peeled Paint and Forest Moss Distress ink. 


I mixed up some Pearl Water Reinker, Mini Mister, Perfect Pearl of choice (a bit heavy handed) and water.
Then I spritzed the inked stamps with the Pearl Water and stamped onto my paper of choice.


With my Heat it tool, I dried the image.



See the shimmery yumminess of the Perfect Pearls........love this technique.

So.......peeps.....pull out a stamp or two and HAVE SOME FUN!! 
Can't wait to see your creation linked up at 

YOU COULD BE A WINNER OF A..............


8 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Love it!! I love the look you got with the water and pearls! I'm all out of the mini misters but have no fear! I can get more in Springfield next weekend. There's always lots of Ranger yummies there! Are you going?
Have a great rest of the weekend!

Lin said...

I agree with you 100% - Hero Arts stamps all the way, and I too am a flower lover, so it's always fun to see what they'll give us each year! Love your card!

Linda M. Cain said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

~Linda

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Totally lovely, Lynn! Love the colors you chose and the stamps are wonderful! Terrific flower too! Great tut on the water color stamping.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

Marjie Kemper said...

Lynne, I can't get over how much you fit on this tag and how unique each layer is... LOVE it.

Candy C said...

Lynne, this is so pretty! The watercolor technique you used and then adding Perfect Pearls is so lovely. The whole tag is just a beautiful work of art! <3 Candy

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Great collection choice and very pretty perfect pearls demo!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

2amscrapper said...

Beautiful creation and that flower is gorgeous!