Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DREAM BIG!!!!

I began an Art Journal to help explore my creativity.

And it truly stretches me because you have to stay
pretty FLAT....SOOO VERY HARD FOR ME!

I don't have any problems with color....
it's just where you go from there! 


The beauty of Silk Acrylic Glaze is that has little to no water in it
so when you use it on book pages....
they won't wrinkle!!

I painted on layers of Silks...
Apricot Nectar
Yellow Rose and
Stargazer.


....and through
a Mini Harlequin stencil.

I then smeared some Embossing Paste through
Mini Chickwire Reversed.

How cool is the Ephemera Bits Washi Sticker Tape??!?!
Kinda lovin' the stuff myself!!


Add a bit of Gold ~ Precious Metal Effects Paint
spritzed with water....
and watch the goodness move!!

This is where I get stuck....
So...I stepped away from my project.
That's when the inspiration hit!!


I cut hand drawn flowers from various Canvas Corp papers.
Pulled out some Twinkling H20's and began coloring.


I pulled apart a Petaloo flower and
painted on some Gold ~ Precious Metal Effects Paint
and added a vintage button as a center.
For the leaves, I used a Lovely Leaves Stencil
and a bit of Golden Green ~ Ferro Special Effect Paste


I created shadows by smearing the Pitt Big Brush Pens.


And there you have it....
I have to say I truly enjoyed this
creative discovery!

PRODUCT LIST:
SPLASH OF COLOR
Silk Acrylic Glaze:
Apricot NectarYellow RoseStargazer

The Crafter's Workshop
Mini Harlequin
Mini Chicken Wire Reversed

Canvas Corp
Kraft Paper
Linen Paper
Flute Paper

Wendy Vecchi ~ Studio 490
Embossing Paste
Black

Stencils for Art
Lovely Leaves

Faber Castell
Pit Artist Pen Big Brush
Magenta
Warm Grey 



6 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome..said in a sing song voice!

Linda Pekrul said...

Oh my! Those flowers just brought those beautiful pages to life! Love!

Anonymous said...

The flowers are a gorgeous addition.
I still haven't dipped my toes into the world of Art Journalling but intend to at some time - it does seem such a scary place lol.
Wishes
Lynne

D's Paper Studio said...

Lynne, this is gorgeous! I'm with you about it being hard to work "flat."

Unknown said...

Love it! Isn't journaling fun!!

Words and Pictures said...

Such fabulous layers... they give a real sense of depth to these amazing pages.
Alison x