Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lilacs.....a SIGN OF SPRING!!

Can I just say....to any of y'all who
live in snow country.....
SPRING CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH
this year!!!

To get myself out of the winter doldrums
I buried myself in creating yesterday....


I was inspired by a Facebook Group ~ Artsy Addicts Challenge
to create with Purple....
2014 Pantone Color of the Year ~ Radiant Orchid!

What better Die~Namites Dies to use than the Lilacs Die!


I cut multiple Lilac images
from TA Frayed Cotton Mistable Paper.


I cut out individual blooms and leaves from
the Lilac image.


I then, colored with the image with
Splash of Color ~ Luminarte ~ Primary Elements
Black Orchid (close right??!?)
along with Nutmeg and Spanish Moss.
I think I could begin to LOVE PURPLE!!


I hope my card has inspired you to
create your OWN SPRING!!
.....because IT WILL ARRIVE!!

Products Used:
Splash of Color
Luminarte ~ Primary Elements
Black Orchid
Nutmeg
Spanish Moss
Emperor's Gold
Silks Acrylic Glaze
Olive Vine

Canvas Corp
Greeting Card ~ Ivory
Frayed Cotton ~ Mistable paper

Wendy Vecchi
Archival Ink ~ Orange Blossom
Floral Art Stamp


2 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Your creation is really beautiful Lynne! Pinning this!

Words and Pictures said...

So lovely! One thing I will miss having left the family home of 40 years is the lilacs which used to grow up to my bedroom window each spring... beautiful reminder, and a lovely creation, Lynne!
Alison x