Wednesday, April 16, 2014

MEMORIES........

I have been experimenting with a few Tattered Angel products....
Here is a project I came up with!


I began with a Canvas Corp ~ 6x6 Stretched Canvas.
I pulled out the Crafter's Workshop ~ Paradise stencil and
smeared some Golden ~ Pearl Mica Flake through it.
While still wet, I sprinkled on some Silver Microbeads
and let dry.


I then applied a bit of
Tattered Angels ~ Plain Jane ~ Simply Sheer ~ Aqua
and
Plain Jane ~ Baseboard ~ Ivory
(can I just say this is my favorite mist of all times)
along with a few spritz of water to blend!


When dry, I placed the Crafter's Workshop ~ Reversed Chicken Wire
stencil on the canvas, and with a sponge dabbed on
TA Glimmer Glaze ~ Blue Oasis.
I added one more texture,
Golden Crackle Paste through
the Crafter's Workshop Brick stencil.
(when totally dry....I brushed on a bit
of TA ~ Plain Jane ~ Simply Sheer Pink
and TA ~ Glimmer Mist ~


While the background was drying....
I spritz my large Petaloo ~ Printed Darjeeling flower
with water and applied
TA ~ Plain Jane ~ Simply Sheer Aqua
to the edges of the petals.
I dried the flower and then
went around the edges of the flower
with TA ~ Glimmer Glaze ~ Blue Oasis.


......this is where I tell on myself.
I was trying to stay monochromatic but
JUST COULDN'T DO IT.
SOOOO.....I added a bit of the
TA ~ Plain Jane ~ Simply Sheer ~ Pink
to the center of the flower!


I then gave the flower an overall spritz
of the TA ~ Simply Jane ~ Baseboard ~ Ivory
and added a touch of Golden Gesso.
LOVE THE LOOK!
I colored some thread with the
TA ~ Plain Jane ~ Simply Sheer ~ Aqua.
Finishing it all off with a vintage earring
and vintage lace!!


I then pulled a few of my stash Vintage Findings
an old metal spoon
some buttons
and a pin....
and built my canvas!
To tell on myself again.....
I had finished my canvas...
photographed it....and even placed the photos
in this blog post....
and TORE IT ALL APART AND
BEGAN AGAIN....
here was the original canvas


think I like the revised version the best!!!

Products Used:
Canvas Corp 
6x6 Stretched Canvas
Tattered Angels
Plain Jane ~ Simply Sheer
Pink & Aqua
Plain Jane ~ Baseboard
Ivory
Glimmer Mist
Twinkle Yellow & English Ivy
Glimmer Glaze
Blue Oasis

Petaloo
Printed Darjeeling
Wild Blossoms Large, Medium and Mini

The Crafters Workshop
Mini Chicken Wire Reversed
Bricks & Paradise

Die~Namites Dies
Leafy Flourish

Ranger
Wendy Vecchi ~ Archival Ink
Cornflower Blue & Watering Can

Golden
Pearl Mica Flake ~ Small
Crackle Paste
Gesso




6 comments:

Carol Salisbury said...

Your first piece looked great but your revised is spectacular! Amazing what a little tweak can do for a project! I'm always second guessing a finished project...add this..take away that! That is the artistic process! :)
It is without a doubt a stunning beauty!
Thanks for sharing the details!

Country Essence said...

Love, love, love the color choices and all of the texture...so can't wait to try one of these canvas things...never have tried...almost afraid it might be one of those really addictive things for me once I do get started...so beautiful Lynne...love all the inspirations you bring to us all!

misty said...

Absolutely love this! So gorgeous!!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Lynne,
You must have had great fun making this piece of art, even though you had to pull it apart to get where you wanted to be,this is what mixed media is all about, and you learn so much in the process. I love your finished project, the pop of Yellow it the lift it needed, it has wonderful elements, texture, movement and great composition. It's beautiful.
Smiles:-)
Sue

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous Lynne! I actually like them both and now look at the cool leftovers you have for a different project. I smiled when you said monochromatic. LOL! I never think of you as monochromatic.

Andiepants said...

I really love this canvas Lynn. You outdone did yourself here honey. Gorgeous.