Thursday, October 9, 2014

Welcome to My Kitchen...

Hi.....Canvas Corp Brands Fans!!
Lynne Forsythe here....
Have you seen the NEW Farmhouse Kitchen Collection?
It is AMAZING.
I think my favorite item in the Collection
is the Farmhouse Kitchen Fabric Panel.
A 13" X 17" piece of Printed Canvas.
Now....anyone who knows my style,
knows I rip, tear and crumple
EVERYTHING!
But....I had the hardest time
cutting into this panel!
I heard myself say....It's only paper!!
(which I am famous for saying!!)
but it's not paper it's CANVAS.
However, as my idea for a Kitchen Banner
grew in my head, I KNEW I could do this...
So the TEARING began!
The base of my banner is
(2) Burlap Shape ~ Pockets and
(1) Canvas Shape ~ Pocket.
I rumpled the shapes to fray the edges.
I chose the images I wanted from the
Kitchen Farmhouse  Fabric Panel
cut into the canvas,
and tore the squares,
approximately 4.5".
I even pulled out my Tattered Floral die
and cut (3) Medium Flowers.
To accent the "Farmhouse" flower
I roughly painted a section of  a 12 x 12 Burlap Sheet
with Tattered Angels ~ Black High Impact Paint
and die cut (3) Medium Flowers.
I took a Red Burlap Flower and
cut off the back layer, then cut it in half.
I spritzed it with water
and painted Tattered Angels ~ Glimmer Glam
Calm Before the Storm around the edges
and tucked it behind the flower layers.
I accented all 3 flowers clusters with 16" separated pieces of
RedBlack and Natural Jute
tied into "loopy bows"
and matching antique buttons.
that had been torn,
or rumpled and frayed
and tucked them behind the torn pieces of
Farmhouse Kitchen Fabric Panel.
I stamped on torn pieces of canvas
with Archival Ink and finished off the
banner with chipboard letters
painted with Tattered Angels ~ Black High Impact Paint
accented with  Red and Black Clothespins.
I hope you enjoyed my creative journey....

2 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous, love what you did here! That canvas stuff looks wonderful!

Dee in N.H. said...

Oh yes, it's awesome!!