Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A piece of home.....


When our kids leave home
to pursue their dreams.....
it can be hard during the holidays!


Knowing this....
I decided to create something for my son,
it can be used as a Christmas Tree Ornament
then as a
PIECE OF HOME
to hang in his room once the holidays are over!


The base of my creation is an
ArtC ~ Wood Pallet Surface ~ 3" x 4.5"

I pulled out a package of ArtC ~ Adhesive stencils
and tube of Ultra Chalk ~ White


I applied the Ultra Chalk with a paint brush,
then I lifted the stencil and placed it over the remainder
of the Wood Pallet and dried the chalk.

I then applied a layer of
ArtC ~ Gel Stain ~ Chestnut
and wiped off the excess with a baby wipe.
LOVE THE LOOK!


I wanted to have some Twine for my project
but not blue,
so I painted the twine with
ArtC ~ Gel Stain ~ Chestnut.
When the twine was dry,
I pulled the strands of the twine apart.


I gathered a few pieces of New Hampshire nature,
and acorn cap for the cover of the
ArtC ~ Clear Dome Bottle
and a piece of evergreen for inside the bottle and
a couple of Hemlock Pinecones
to finish off the piece!


I chose a few embellishments from
an ephemera collage kit I had on hand.
I painted the wood chippie "love" with
ArtC ~ Gel Stain.

I hope my boy loves this
PIECE OF HOME....


.....as much as I did creating it!!!



1 comment:

Catherine Scanlon said...

We just love how you created this beautiful ornament, and the touch of pine in the bottle was perfect. Thank you so much for creating for us!