Monday, October 31, 2011

Home Sweet Home...

Have you ever had a challenge where you think you have a "GREAT IDEA" only to follow through with it and find it wasn't such a good idea.....well that's what happened this with week with...
A House.....
our theme for this weeks challenge a Simon Says Stamp and Show!

I had an idea.....worked and worked on it only to find.....
NOPE that's not gonna work. So I scrapped it and started ALL OVER AGAIN! 
but this time the project just flowed!!


I had wanted to create a "Brick House" look.....and this is how I did it..
I began with a 3 x 3 Canvas Corp Canvas
painted it black with Black Gesso
When dry, I pulled out my Mini Brick Template and painted
on a layer of Gesso....a bit thick to have a textured look.
When dry I painted on a Color Wash created using
Modern Red
Altered Orange and
Sable Brown...
(the only carry over from the first project!!)


With the Black Gesso still out I painted a few Art Parts
Large Flourish Frame and
pieces from the Arts Parts Sample Pack

Then I had another brain storm.......stamp using
the large background stamp from  
and
Traditional Tan Paint
Love the look!!!

And all the Canvas Corp Goodies
Mini Clothes Pins
Mini Triangle Canvas Shapes
and a piece of Canvas, 
stamped with Jet Black Archival 
and cut to the Arts Parts Flower shape.

Now, I've been rather curious about the Glassine paper so I thought......
what the heck....
let's try something
So, I tore off a sheet, ran it through my Big Shot 
and embossed it using my fave embossing folder,
then noticing I had TONS of my color mixture left
I painted it on......Love the Look!

Soooooo, there you have it.......
my HOME SWEET HOME wall hanging!!

What images come to mind when I say...
A House.....
I would LOVE TO SEE!!

Be sure to link your creation up to the Simon Says Stamp and Show Blog.....

and as with EVERY WEEK....
Simon Says will be giving away this gooodie!!




10 comments:

Gitte said...

Waow.... you make the most beautiful and uniq hangers

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful project, Lynne!!! Lots of fab details and I love the clothespins!!!

Candy C said...

Hi Lynne! I love your brick house piece! You definitely nailed that look! The clothespins are an awesome embellishment as well!!! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Lynne, love your brick house creation, especially the Glassine in the background, the embossing is fabulous combined with the Glassine and the colours you used. Love the clothes pegs too and the brick wall is a fabulous touch. Enjoy your week. Tracy x x

Sarah said...

So inventive and creative! Such unusual textures and colours and the pegs look just fab! Great texture on the bricks make it all a really original Lynne beauty!

Marjie Kemper said...

This is great! Love the brick and the embossed paper behind. Wow. The keyhole is the crowning touch!

l00pyscraftcreations said...

Gorgeous Hanger, distinctive, and will be treasured by who ever recieves it,
xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh wow, Lynne! I absolutely love it!! The little clothespins shingles are adorable!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Amy* said...

Lovely piece Lynne!! I love what you've done with the Glassine definitely going to try...thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Simply Sandy said...

This is so adorable! love it.