Friday, January 25, 2013

Word of the year

I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions....
but have gotten into the habbit of choosing
a "Word for the Year"!
This year I decided to create a little something
to hang on my wall to remind me
of the word I chose.....INITIATE!
Initiate

I began with a burlap canvas that covered with various
mediums....Viva Colour ~ Crackle Paint and Gesso.
I then pulled out my box of Petalaoo Goodness...
and began to choose some flowers to match.
Initiateclup

I began the flower grouping with some of my favorite flowers:
Darjeeling Daisies
(I just love ALL THE Darjeeling flowers...PERIOD!!)
Added a few Mini Daisies
and
Mini Pearl Daisies
A bit of Silk Acrylic Glaze ~ Emperor's Gold
and it all began to come together.

Lastly, I pulled out some Chantilly Velvet Leaves
which I pinched and stapled at the
bottom of the leaf, slopped on a bit of
the same Silk Acrylic Glaze,
I chose to use the leaves with
the non~velvet side up!
And there you have it!!

in·i·ti·ate
/iˈniSHēˌāt/Verb: Cause (a process or action) to beginSynonyms: start - begin - commence - institute - open - lead off

I would love to hear what you chose for a "Word of the Year"!!

Petaloo Products Used:


2 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

That is a powerful word and a gorgeous canvas! You GO, girl!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fabulous canvas and great word!