Monday, December 23, 2013

Wishing you and yours......

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.....

I have to say...
I have a bit of a different perspective of this
holiday season this year....

Dealing with a life threatening disease,
(in a dear friend)
unemployment,
and abuse of authority....

I HAVE CHOSEN to not let these things down!!

....that Christmas isn't about 
....the tree
....the presents
.....the parties
...or the decorations
but
ABOUT THOSE YOU LOVE....
spending time with them,
creating memories that will last FOREVER...
because Christmas
.....is in the HEART!!


.....so hug 'em just a little bit longer
.....tell 'em you LOVE THEM just a little bit more
and SAVOR the moment!!!!!

We don't remember days......
we remember MOMENTS!!

Cesare Pavese

5 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

I'll be thinking of you on Christmas and keeping those sentiments in mind. I lost my job on 12/2 (along with 66 others)and it does make this time of year come into focus about what is really important in your life. We can do it!

Ginger said...

Christmas IS in the heart. Tell your loved ones you love them, enjoy the moments you have with them. Life sucks sometimes, then something happens to put a smile on your face. This is my 15th year with cancer, and I am still here - and I ain't going nowhere!!
just enjoy!
I wish you a blessed Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Lynne
A fabulous card, love all those distressed paper strips to form the tree.
Here's to 2014 being a much kinder year to you. I find this time of the year, Hogmanay/New Year in particular, is a time for reflection and when it has been a tough year it makes it all the more difficult but those are the times I find more than ever when it is essential to retain a positive outlook.
Amongst the difficult times I sure do hope that you can find joy and peace.
Festive Wishes
Lynne

Georgie Horn said...

I love this, it's wonderful! I've had a crummy year too, hubby had cancer, I lost my job and more. BUT, we have our family and that's what it all boils down to.

Dunja Trautmann said...

Dear Lynne,

your creation is amazing, soooo full of details, it looks adorable. The distressed papers are great.

Hope you are feeling well.
Sending Hugs and Blessings this way.


Dunja xo