Monday, March 17, 2014

Makin' Flowers!!

I know I keep saying it but I am 

SOOOO READY
for Spring!!!

So...seeings as I think it may be
awhile before we see any flowers
here in Northern New Hampshire....
especially after the foot or more
of snow we just got...
I decided to make MY OWN!!


I began with a decorative ball I found at
Creative Habitat.

I then pulled out my stash of
Mistable Papers from Canvas Corp Brands,
Corduroy,
Boucle ~ White
Suede,
Linen ~ White,
and my FAVES...
Brushed Cotton and
Frayed Cotton,
my Big Shot....
a few dies
and some Primary Elements
for color.


I just love how the papers took the colors
and how they moulded soooo
beautifully!! 


Each of the papers respond differently
to the colors depending on the weight
and texture of the paper....
which makes each of the flowers
very unique just like you
would find them in nature!!



I love how the Corduroy paper
when die cut with a Budding Branch die
is so light and airy against
the stiffer Frayed Cotton
die cut Acorn Foliage.

Hope my Flower Ball
has brought a ray of sunshine
into your world....
FYI: Spring HAS TO COME.....
right??!??!??!

Products Used:
Canvas Corp Brands
Mistable Papers
Frayed Cotton
Brushed Cotton
Suede
Boucle ~ White
Corduroy
White Linen

Die~Namites Dies
Bamboo Sticks
Budding Branch
Acorn Foliage

Splash of Color
Luminarte ~ Primary Elements
Ginger Peach
Spiced Pumpkin
Hot Cinnamon
Black Orchid
Teal Zircon
Nutmet
Silks Acrylic Glaze
Fern
Ice
Pretty Peridot

Spellbinders
Spiral Blossom One
Bitty Blossoms


4 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Sigh...Just beautiful! Love the colors and Budding Branch is my favorite die. Love it! Oh and I hear congrats are in order too! Enjoy!

Arantzazu said...

Love the flowers!!!!!
Kisses

Anonymous said...

Lynne. This is crazy beautiful. So realistic! I simply am in awe.

Helen said...

Saludos Lynne,hace tiempo no veia unas flores tan hermosas!,no tienes un video tutorial de ellas?te lo voy agradecer mucho