Tuesday, May 4, 2010

One of Three....

Mother's Day is right around the corner....ssssoooo for my Zutter Zisters DT projects I focused on just that!  MOM!

For my first project, I created a 3-D Acrylic card. My mother and I both share a love for flowers....so that became my focus. I used flowers from three different manufacturers, PRIMA, Kaiser and Blue Hills Studios. I even punched some of my own out of vellum from the Life's Portrait collection.

The base of the card is the 5.5x7 Clear Acrylic Covers, by Zutter, bound together with 3/4" Baby Blue Owire.

To add to the feel of shabby elegance....I added pearls, vintage lace and some ribbon colored with Glimmer Mist and some not so old Prima Lace.

The papers are from Webster's Pages...the Life's Portrait collection. This is such YUMMY paper. I fell in love with it!!! Had to have at least 2 pieces of each!! They are available at my LSS Generations of Memories.




Now, I wish I could remember where I came across this crocheting technique, so I could give honor where honor is due...but sadly I have no idea. I punched the edge of a piece of Bazzill with my Bind it All and crocheted away.....How awesome is that! I will add a special message to mom in the open space.

I created another flower cluster to finish off the card....Hopin' mom loves her card!!

6 comments:

Dolores said...

beautiful

Leah's Crafty Life said...

this is exquisite.... your mama is gonna LOVE this!!

2amscrapper said...

gorgeous!

Jodi said...

sooooo gorgeous!!!!

Stacy Cohen said...

I saw this on Scrapscene . . . it's GORGEOUS!!!

Amy Miller said...

This is an incredible card, love the Zutter action. I have a link on my blog to a tutorial on adding crochet to the edge of chipboard if anyone is interested in learning more... www.amyemiller.typepad.com