Tuesday, June 8, 2010

ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD....

The birds are chirping....the sun will be shining....gonna create today then off to the Semi Finals to see the Woodsville High School girls.....KICK SOME SOFTBALL BUTT!! and today I WILL NOT FORGET MY CAMERA!

So, over the weekend my boy turned 15...I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! he's grown an 1 1/2" in the last few months...his voice is changing....AAAAAHHHH!!

To celebrate this occasion...I created a few layouts using the sketches created by the Sketch-k-teers over at Let's Caputure These Sketches. They are having a Birthday Bash Celebration....the site is turning "ONE".

Layouts of my daughter just flow with lace and flowers but it TRULY IS A STRETCH to scrap layouts of my boy....especially now that he's 15!! Def can't have any "PRETTY" stuff going on there!


So, I decided that I would use Guylaine's June 6th sketch...Now, each of these sketches has a challenge....OMW...I got them ALLL mixed up...this originally was monochromatic (not Guylaine's challenge...hers is to use black letters) using Basic Grey's Cappella papers...then I decided I wanted to use a Glimmer Mist Screen and Raven Glimmer Mist....I learned an important lesson....try it on scrap paper first. It came out a little heavier than I anticipate, but it turned out OK...I then took the GM covered screen and used it like a stamp in the lower right corner. I added a layer of Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist, stitched, distressed, painted, rolled and just had fun with it!! I used one of my GrungePaper Roses...If you haven't seen my tutorial yet you need to CHECK IT OUT!!



I had to take a picture of brother and sister, on this special occasion.....there are so few of them now a days especially without them making some goofy face!!! I must say....I rather like this picture!! I used Tara's sketch for this layout, her challenge was to use something with wings! I used Basic Grey's new Max & Whiskers (a dog & cat collection....not just for animal layouts!!!)




OK...so I am still in shock about this whole birthday thing....but this too shall pass...now off to create some more layout....and then to watch the Lady Engineers KICK BUTT.....GO GREEN!!

2 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

Love your layouts Lynne, you do amazing work...love ya

My Happy Place by Vanessa said...

Such beautiful work!! ~Vanessa W