Sunday, June 28, 2015

I WANT YOU!


I've had ALOT of nervous energy lately
and needed an outlet....
BRING ON THE ART JOURNAL!


The only thing I knew when I started this spread was
it HAD TO HAVE A HEART!!
(SORRY.....no work in action photos!)


I cut a heart from a piece of cream patterned paper
pulled out a sheet of vintage music and
a dictionary page.


I cut a additional heart from separate piece of paper to protect my heart!
I laid two stencils on top of each other and taped them together
it was a "what if" moments and it turned out kinda cool!!

I applied a mixture of Apricot Lily and
Dove's Wings ~ Polishing Plaster
through the stencils!
Then I sprayed the background with
Glimmer Mist.


The next part was my FAVORITE....
I wanted a cracked heart....but all my
"crack" mediums were dried up....ooops!
So I pulled out a piece of TissueStock
covered the "heart" with Multi Medium
and squinched the TissueStock onto the heart.


When dry....I tore away the excess TissueStock.
I then mixed a bit of Peony Pink paint with
Perfect Glaze Medium
smeared it all over the heart....
let it dry for a bit then rubbed off the excess
with a baby wipe.
I smeared on some Tarnished Silver around the edges
with my finger.


I knew the heart needed a bit more....
so I pulled out my Believe Script stencil
and applied Shadow paint.....PERFECT!!

It was still looking a bit flat so I used
a Big Brush pen to go around the edges
and then with a fan brush I applied
a bit of gold Glitter Paste.

I then went in search of a quote that spoke
of how I was feeling....
I just want you
That's All
All your flaws,
mistakes, smiles,
jokes, sarcasam
EVERYTHING!
I JUST WANT YOU!


I wrote my quote on a piece of Kraft Cardstock
cut it up,
inked the edges and adhered to my heart.



I used a Petaloo Flower colored with the Crushed Shells
and accented with a vinatge button
because....it's just who I am!


Hope you've enjoyed my escape....

Product Used:
PERFECT PAINTS
Shimmering Matte Acrylic
Peony Pink
Tarnished Silver
Shadow

Polishing Plaster
Dove's Wing
Apricot Lily

Perfect Glaze Medium

Deco Art MediaGesso

Canvas Corp BrandsTattered Angels ~ Crushed Shells

The Crafter's WorkshopBelieve Script
Netting
Pointy Circles

Petaloo FlowersDaisy Layers

Faber CastellBig Brush Pen ~ Magenta

RangerArchival Ink ~ Coffee



No comments: