Friday, July 10, 2015

MORE art journaling LOVE!

I've been having sooo much fun watching 
INSPIRATION WEDNESDAY
and being inspired.

Now, I like to use Donna's video as a 
jumping off spot...
My inspiration for this journal creation 
6.25.14
As I didn't have alot of items Donna used SO
 I decided to create a list...
Black Circles
Pink
Cherry Blossoms
Lots of White
a stencil with Mist
Numbers
Gesso


I began by using pages from an old ledger
to cover my Journal.
I then painted on a thin layer of Gesso.
When dry....
I applied a layer of Perfect Paints ~ Perfect Glaze Medium.

I didn't have any "wrapping" papers so I chose to use
some Vintage Lace Curtains instead,
applied with Multi Medium ~ Matte.


I then mixed a bit of Perfect Paints ~ White Stucco with
some Tattered Angels Crushed Shells,
when all mixed,
I folded in a bit more White Stucco,
and applied, with a palette knife,
over the vintage lace curtains.
Then I applied another layer of Gesso with a palette knife
randomly on my journal.


I couldn't wait to apply my black circles....I used a jelly jar.
I applied them randomly on my spread.

Now was the time to add the PINK....
PINK??? not usually my "go to" color.

I used an eye dropper full of Cup Cake Glimmer Glam
and splattered away. FUN!!


Next, I used another item on my list
a stencil by The Crafter's Workshop ~ Quartrefoil Reversed
and some mist ~ Coffee Shop by Tattered Angels.
AHHHH....not sure why this step scared me sooo much!

It felt like something was missing.....MORE PINK!
So I became the mad scientist.....
to match the Glimmer Glam.
Added a bit of Perfect Gel Medium
and did the "brush on, wipe off" technique...

I still needed more and applied the above mixture through
TCW Cherry Blossom stencil...
NOW...I was getting some where...
I bit of edging with Potting Soil ~ Archival Ink
some dripping Crushed Stones....


I need to add my numbers....
so I created my own inclusion from
a Canvas Corp Brands ~ Mini Kraft Bags
and a Scalloped Ivory Tag...
a bit of gloop and glop...
some spray
a bit of stamping
and some more of that vintage curtain...


then it was time for my quoto.
I stamped on a gessoed piece of torn and tattered
dictionary paper...
added more curtain pieces parts....
and there you have it!!

Hope you enjoyed my creative journey....
cause I know I did!!




No comments: