Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Free Create Day


I LOVE when I have a 
FREE CREATE DAY....
when I don't have a creative assignment...
and I GET TO CHOOSE 
what I want to play with!!

YESTERDAY was one of those days...



I had a package of
(2) Pack of Color Burst
some The Crafter's Workshop stencils
Stencil Folk Art Flower
Repeating Pods
Layered Flower Bits
a jar of Perfect Paints 

....and I let the creative process flow!

For all the cards,
I applied various Color Burst colors
to the Water Media Card.
I love that you can soak these cards and they
stay FLAT!
Then I stenciled over the the colored background

From there I tried something different on each card.
For this card I painted on Yellow Gold ~ Liquid Metallics
over the Polishing Plaster.


For the second card....
I JUST LOVED
how the Color Burst seeped into the Polishing Plaster
to cause a "transparent" look.


....see!
I chose to leave this background AS IS!


For the last card I painted over the Polishing Plaster
with various colors from the Earthtones 6-Pack.


All three of my cards have sentiments from
Impression Obsession / Yvonne Blair Designs
stamped on CCB Kraft Cardstock with
Ranger ~ Archival Ink ~ Watering Can.



For my second card I painted UmWowStudio chippies 
with Gesso, then painted on a bit of the
Earthtone Color Burst.
Added a few Petaloo Blooms!




The last card....



I hope you have enjoyed my creative journey!
It felt AMAZING to free create!!

No comments: