Monday, October 31, 2016

The File Folder Has it!

SOOO...a few Crew Members were given a Social challenge....
watch Shannon Green's video on making File Folders...
and see where it lead us!!



My thoughts....just because I ALWAYS have to mess with things
....I really don't need any more file folders
....but this might be a kinda cool idea for a mini album.

So, upon my return to my studio...I watched Shannon's video
and let the creating begin!
SADLY, I have had internet and modem issues and
the video I created couldn't be loaded so....
finished PICTURES it is!!

To create my "folder"I pulled out
2 sheets of patterned paper from
7gypsies ~ Gypsy Seamstress Collection
12 x 12 Tape Measure
12 x 12 Buttons


I chose to fold the Buttons paper at 8", creating a deeper pocket
I then cut a 6"x 12" pieces of
 Tape Measure and adhered them together.
I then cut my folder in half.
My mini album measures 6" x 8".


I painted each of the pages with a 50/50 mixture of Gesso and
Perfect Paints Glaze Medium.
I love the texture of the Gesso with the transparency of the glaze.

Now......this is when I became impressed with the
7gypsies ~ Gypsy Seamstress paper...


I layered on Perfect Paints Polishing Plaster,
then spritzed and splattered with Glimmer Mist
AND MY ALBUM IS FLAT!!! LOVE IT!!!


Now, I love to tell on myself,
I recently had a conversation
that I have thousands of photos on my phone
and NEVER PRINT THEM OUT!!
SO....I went to my phone and
printed pictures of the family last Thanksgiving
to fill my mini album!

I have to say.....
Yvonne Blair Designs/Impression Obsession ~ Words for Art stamp set
was PERFECT to capture my thoughts!


I pulled out a piece of CCB Handmade papers
various colored Burlap and a bit of Flute to accent my photos.






Well.....there you have it!
My take on the "Make your own folder Challenge"!!
What inspiration did you get when you watched Shannon's video??
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU CREATIONS!!

I FINALLY was able to resolve my internet issue....
here is my video...
or should I say part of my video...
I got caught up in creating and forgot to turn
my camera back on!!
HOW DO I SURVIVE this thing called life!??!??!


To see what the other gals came up with.....pop on over to
the Canvas Corp Brands Blog!!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

What a beautiful album - I love the texture and your photos!
Bravo!!
Sandy xx

Laine M said...

Beautiful album! I love the colors and textures of it.