Wednesday, November 7, 2018

I took a play day escape......



Hello Peeps.....
Thanks bunches for takin' the time to stop by!
I have to say....
....the last six months have been.....


So....today I decided to make my soul happy.....
The sun was shining and just to nice to waste.
I headed to one of my FAVORITE antique stores
Chris Curran Antiques in Bethlehem, NH.
It's my favorite because you have to look 
in EVERY nook and cranny
As I say....it's all about the HUNT!


......then I stumbled onto this box of Fabric Dye.
I remarked about the bottles and was told the story behind the bottles. They came from a "Shoe Fix It" shop. Mom and Pop type place.  You know....from BACK IN THE DAY....when you actually repaired the shoes you owned because it may be the ONLY pair you own! While listening to the story, I began looking through the wide array of colors and decided to pick a few.
After all, it was Fabric Dye....right down my alley. RIGHT!??!?

BONUS: The shopkeeper was nice enough to make sure all the bottles opened.


I was beginning to get a bit excited, you see, I had already stumbled upon a LARGE spool of thread...


So I knew what I needed to do.
Buy my goodies and head home to play!


So, I pulled off a few arms length of thread
and spritzed it with water.
Then, I sucked up a bit of the dye into a pipette
and dropped the color onto the thread.


LOOK at the yummie colors.


I had to take it a step further
and use a bit of the dyed thread on one of my ATC'S that I had laying around.
I used a bit of the orange, all bunched up, behind the flower


....and the green thread, to make a LOOPY Bow!


 They were the PERFECT accents for my Art Card!!

I wanted to leave you with one last find....


...and the radio was playing!

I hope you enjoyed my day of play day escape...

Once again.....THANK you for stopping by.
HOPE you have a CREATIVE DAY!


1 comment:

Dee in N.H. said...

Oh my gosh! Just look at that lace too!