Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!

So what are you doing for New Years....me I am hoping to get some more pages done. I don't stay up and watch the ball fall any more. My kids probably will but then again they will sleep the whole day away tomorrow.
I've actually done a few pages recently...and then gave them away to my sister. I was really upset...a page I had worked on forever...and given to my sister...which I had made a point to photograph while at her house....when I pulled it up yesterday to work on it...the flash had caused a huge white spot on the photo and it was unrepairable. Bummer!!!




The minute this paper arrived at my LSS I couldn't wait to create with it. The paper is the Love Letters line from Little Yellow Bicycle. I used Hambly rubons on the black brads and under Love, Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint on the chipboard "Love" letters and inked the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. I used a Corner Adorner punch on the photo mat. To top off the whole page a beautiful self portrait of my daughter...Lysie who is in one word "Love"!


This page I created yesterday after yet another Doctors appt. I had collected these items, Prima flowers and leaves, Claudine Hellmuth's Sticky Back Canvas, the pictures are printed on it, My Minds Eye, Bohemia paper and some misc fun paper and vintage lace and of course Distress Ink! Oops I forgot the CI die cut paper and the Basic Grey chipboard. I think that's it...This page just flowed...a great thought diverter.


I will tell you later about an amazing book my sister gave me for Christmas. Until then have a Safe and Happy New Year!!

6 comments:

RobinG said...

hope you have a wonderful new year with your family....pics & layouts came out awesome!

claudine hellmuth said...

this looks wonderful!!! love that you printed the photos on the Sticky Back!

Lyn said...

Happy New Year to you Lynne!!!
I can't wait to do more classes this year with you.
Lyn

Elizabeth said...

As usually, your work is lovely.
Happy and Healthy New Year!
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Everything looks great! I am glad that you are getting time to play!

take a little piece of my art said...

This is soooo pretty! Thanks for stopping in at my blog!! I'll stop in sometime...just haven't been working. There's no work, and when there's no work there's no $$$ :( The economy really needs to pick up already!!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a happy new year!!!