Sunday, October 25, 2009

Been havin' some fun!!!

So.... I noticed I had been in a rut...and as I always say, "Using a Good Sketch will help get you out of a rut!!!"... so I popped over to my new FAVE sketch site....Capture these Sketches and decided to play along with them!!! I went through lots of sketches before I found on that would really stretch me...it was a sketch with LOTS OF WHITE SPACE. I chose Sketch #2 by Natalie and here is my take on this sketch.

I decided to try doing something different with ribbon so I came up with this little ditty!!! I folded the ribbon and tied it together with a Vintage Thread.

The paper used is by My Minds Eye...Spider Web and Creative Imaginations Diecut.

Of course, I had to use a splash of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Copper!! and my ALL TIME FAVORITE saying!!!




"We don't remember days, we remember moments" Cesare Pavese.

So....pop on over...pick a sketch and try it out...I would love to see the page you create!!!


I also had the opportunity to teach at a Scrapbook Retreat put on by Scrappin' Soul Sisters at the Beacon. I got to see some of my gal pals....Paula and Pauline...the theme of the weekend was, "What happens at the Beacons, stays at the Beacon". Tooooo Funny! Thank you to the ladies who took my class....I taught this class...see my Oct 18th post....I might just have to teach it at Generations of Memories....so ladies, this is post #97...in my next post I will show a pict of the RAK I will be giving away....till then CREATE...IT'S A GREAT THOUGHT DIVERTER!

6 comments:

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

I think your funk is gone.. I love that LO!!! I love the way you bunched the trim....The retreat looked fun :D I hope you had a wonderful time :)
Hugs Jamie

Peggy Lee said...

Lynne, love love love the ribbon and tieing it was over the top. Goodness. Love the layout, your funk is gone (which I can't believe you have funk stoppers) you are so creative. Looks like you had a great time at the retreat.
Peggy Lee

Calia Yang said...

Congrats on making the LCOM Sketch team! I'm totally lookin' forward to work with you! you have amazing work!

Guylaine Seyer said...

nice to share DT LCOM Sketches with you! congrat!

Tara said...

I am thrilled to be working with you at LCOM!! Congrats.

Deborah "DeBB!e" Ann Emmons said...

More beautiful flowers. Love them and everything about it.