Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Time to toot my horn again!!!

So I got this email this morning....We have this going up today....meaning my "Pure Delight" Table Topper! It is being posted on ScrapScene...."The who's who of Scrapbooking!" How very cool!!!

I've been creating away....I received my kit from Timeless Daydreams....OMW...the beauty of it!!! I've created two layouts and two cards....My DH pulled out some older photos of when the kiddos were younger and "suggested" I begin scrappin' them...he's sooooo SMART!! I found this AWESOME family picture taken in 1999 (we think)! Aren't we soooo cute!!!


Now I must say I truly had fun creating the embellishments for this layout!!

For the first time I got to use Tattered Angels Glimmer Screens....and oh the fun of it!!! I already was totally in love with Glimmer Mist...now just the icing on the cake!!



Nextly, I created the ornament! I've been watching Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas and it inspired me! I took a Maya Road Chipboard Ornament, ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Victoria Embossing Folder. I then, inked it using Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. Lastly, I applied Rock Candy Stickles to the raised areas. For a little added extra, I adhered a beautiful piece of beautiful lace.


Pink Paislee has a paper called Postcard...on there is the cutest little tree...so I just decided to use that idea to create a larger version. To accent it, I created a flower made from an old book page, a unknown paper and glimmer mist!


The rest of the yumminess is Pink Paislee and the bird is by Prima!

Hope I have inspired you to pull out some photos of the past...create some embellishments....and just have fun!!!

I ALSO HAVE A TUTORIAL ON THE BIND IT ALL BLOG!!! Check it out!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations hunny - Beautiful work!

Peggy Lee said...

You go ahead and TOOT away!!! you go girl, congrats and I loveeeee the layout!! so cute....

Peggy Lee

Debbie said...

Congrats on the Scrapscene toot - your project is beautiful!
Love what you did with the Timeless Daydreams kit - that ornament is amazing!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout and what a great family picture...you havn't changed a bit!

Unknown said...

Congrats and your layout if beautiful. What a great family photo and you haven't changed a bit!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

u make gorgeous projects ! :)

aprilrhyno said...

Congrats!! I so totally love your LO!! And WOW those embellies are fabulous!!
You have inspired me to dig through and find some old photos to scrap :)