Monday, November 29, 2010

Bring your TAG ON!!!

 

OK FOLKS........are you ready to get you Tag ON????

This week at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog.......IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TAG!!

I don't know about you but I love creating tags!! It is such a great way to let those creative juices flow!!


My tag has a bit of a vintage flair to it...I inked my Silhouette Spray stamp with Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint Distress ink...spritzed the inked stamp with water, then stamped on my  tag and paper, giving the image a "watercolor" look. Do you see the Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint??? The tag was accented with a Tim Holtz Corner.









The Maya Road flourish was painted with Gesso, embossed using the Collage/Notebook Texture Fade, the high points sanded then inked with Faded Jeans. If you notice....there is Distress Ink everywhere....used in both the pad and liquid form.

Do you see it....do you??? My GrungePaper Rose!!! If you would like to know how to make this little ditty....check out my tutorial
So....peeps!!! get your TAG ON....and link you creation to the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog......can't wait to see!!!

Would it be vain to brag on myself for a moment!!! You see a life long dream of mine has been to be published in ANY Stampington Magazine....I know I was published in the Stampers Sampler....greedy as I may be, I WANTED MORE!! Sooo....when I got back from my Thanksgiving Mini Vaca....there it was...... a YOU'VE BEEN PUBLISHED magazine ....I almost cried!! Their magazines are JUST THE BEST and it is TRULY AND HONOR to be published in one of their magazines!!!

21 comments:

Linapyssel said...

I absolutley LOVE your tagIt´s beautiful in every way!!
Hugs Lina

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous tag. Congratulations too! What a huge honor!

kim c said...

Congrats on Somerset. I'll be checking you out. And this tag is wowza! Thanks for the inspo and tutorials.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Lynne,

This card is SO beautiful!! I love the flower and the die-cut combo...so beautiful...the colors you used together are stunning!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Linda M. Cain said...

extremely cool!

Dan said...

I love the rich dimensionality you've put into this, Lynne! :) Congrats on Somerset too! Fully deserved!!

Netty said...

Wow congratulations thats a truly spectacular mag. Your tag is totally gorgeous. Annette x

Cassie said...

It's gorgeous!!!!!
I love the rock candy!!!
=)

Bearcrazyman said...

Amazing, Love it

Terry said...

Hiya sweetie, just love your flowers....your such an artist in everything but I LOVE YOUR FLOWERS....wwowzersss and yes weldeserved sweetie that your were published into Somerset. Hugs Terry xxxx

Jodi said...

Your work is always stunning, and this tag is no exception!!! Sensational!!!

Anonymous said...

I usually don’t post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful …

joanne sharpe said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments on MY blog sweet girl!!! WE really need a January/February meet up somewhere in between NY and NH!!! Your work is amazing Lynne, i love love love looking at your details. You ARE the next best thing!

joanne sharpe said...

OF COURSE you would be in Somerset, silly girl!! Your work is incredible, amazing and sooo fresh. Can we have a meet up somewhere between NY and NH with Debbie and Co. We would have a ball!! Thanks for the nice comments on MY blog Lynne, huggs!

Anonymous said...

I just added your web page to my favorites. I like reading your posts. Thanks!

Jen said...

Beautiful tag!! Congrats on being published!!!

Melissa said...

This tag is fantastic! I love making tags too! I just found your blog and I am now a follower. Would love for you to check out my blog and become a follower if you like!

Melissa
http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

I SO love this tag!! The colors .. well, ALL of the details!
CONGRATS on getting published in Somerset! Very cool!!!

Sandy Ang said...

You've put such work into your tag and it came out so great! Loving all the watercolour effect, grung rose and crackled embossing. Every bit as fab as Tim's tags.

Linda M. Cain said...

WHOO HOO! I finally got a moment to sit and begin looking at the fabulous magazine from Somerset...and there you were!!!! A 2 page spread! WOW! I said to Bill, I know this gal, she's brilliant!

Congrats, it's an honor to share with you.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Very good stuff..