Monday, January 5, 2009


Well the kids are back to reality....School! There was a bit of grumbling and complaining something about that we live in a free country and shouldn't have to go to school. They forget that, yes, we live in a free country that is filled with LAWS! Anyways that hubbub is over, hubby's at work and here I am......
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!....Being home every Monday...this being my first, I've decided to create Make-It Monday. Every Monday I will create something and post it on my blog. Recently, while in blogland I came across a blog where a woman was creating an ABC altered book. I'm going to do a spin off of that.
Firstly, I received a Zutter Bind It All for Christmas and I've been itching to use it. I also bought a 6 x 6 Cover All from Generations of Memories and today I am going to "Alter" it to begin my ABC journal. I think my spin will be that every letter will have a word attached to it. The pages will contain journaling, photos and other ephemera. I am truly looking forward to this project and I hope you will to!!
I'll be back with picts.................

OK here it is...sorry for the delay in the photos. I couldn't find something I was looking for and I ended up rearranging my craft area. It is much better now but it took a few hours....oops!

Ok so after I took this and got going on the project I changed the Cover All I wanted to use, it's now a 7.5x5 Flat Spine.

So I got a little ahead of myself and started cutting pages...need to focus and cut the pages to the right side...note to me! So after I conquered the Zutter...I turned my focus to the cover.

I chose paper for the cover, one of my faves, Cosmo Cricket. I cut the paper 10x7.5 and using the scoring blade in my trimmer, measuring 1" from top, bottom and right side, I made scoring lines. I then cut the corners out.

Now for one of my favorite products, Claudine Hellumth Studio, multi-medium, matte. This stuff is the BEST! I brushed it on with one of her brushes all over the cover.

I repeated the process for the back cover. Then I cut a third piece for the binding. Now to designing the cover. I found a little of this and a little of that. Chipboard, lace, a page from a book, some very cool paper, paint, and Ink, Ink, Ink!!!

Once I had a basic idea of what it was going to look like. The fun began!!!!

So after a little more of this and a little more of that....voila....the finished cover!


Just-Kim said...

You lucky girl! I didn't get a chance to create yet. Maybe now, although it's getting late...

Can't wait to see what you've come up with!!


Just-Kim said...

I just read on Claudine's blog that you were linked there for this project. Good for you! Congrats!