Thursday, February 12, 2009

What a creative day........

Yesterday I spent my day at the gallery.....you should see me bring in all my wares....bags, totes, cases......I literally look like I am moving in...and usually there is something I want that I didn't bring. So as I was doing my time, I decided to make more card faces as my inventory at the gallery has become rather depleted. I had made the background paper at my last gallery duty...now it was time to embellish them.

As my students always hear me say........IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TEXTURE!!! The background is created using my Mini Mister filled with Distress Ink Reinker ink and water...sometimes with the addition of a little Perfect Pearls to add a little bling. I love that you can use the same three colors over and over again and never have the same look...run the paper through your Cuttlebug...add a little ribbon and buttons and there it is a....a one of a kind original!! My Frameable Art Card!!

And what would life be if I didn't add some form of the cardboard ripple. So all in all I had a very productive day!!! Now to mount them onto their black cards....and back to the Gallery the cards will go!!!

1 comment:

Just-Kim said...

Great cards, Lynne! Love the techniques! Makes me want to pull out my inks and play tonight!