Monday, January 23, 2012

All you need......

IS LOVE!!!

the song title I chose to use for this weeks challenge over at



The inspiration for my burlap canvas was the heart. I adhered a piece of Canvas Corp ~ Canvas to a piece of chipboard with Multi Medium. I then die cut the heart and ran it through my Big Shot using an embossing folder.

I pulled out my Fired Brick Distress Ink and floated my Ink Blending Tool over the raised surface. I then spritzed the heart with my Spun Sugar Reinker Mixture. To define the edges, I used Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.

I used a piece of Canvas Corp ~ Cording and tied it around the heart.

On the Canvas Corp ~ Burlap Canvas, I used the Crafter's Workshop ~ Mini Harlequin Template, Black Gesso and Forever Red Perfect Pearls Mist.

'cause........ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!!!

Make sure to check my teamies amazing work..........
Link up your wonderful creations to
Simon Says Stamp and Show!!


11 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Beautiful!! I love it! Having that song stuck in my head all day, however, that's a different story! ROTFL!

Candy C said...

Lynne, I love your mini canvas with the harlequin pattern on it! Very cute idea and great song title! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great song title. I love the black gesso combined with the harlequin and your heart is gorgeous. Tracy x

Nancy Wethington said...

Lynne, love this piece and the burlap background. The heart you created is beautiful!

Amy* said...

Lynne this is absolutely LOVELY...so much texture to this design! Beautiful song...beautiful piece of art!

Debby said...

Very pretty! Love that template. Tried a tag yesterday using your techniques from your video and it was fun to create!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, how absolutely cool is that stenciling on the burlap! I love the way that looks. Terrific piece with that sweet heart!

Have a great week,
Hugs,
Linda

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow, Lynn, the stenciling on burlap is such a great effect. Love it and your choice of song, too!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Great piece! Great song too!!! I love the natural and great look of canvas and the distressing that you did...love it!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

pooky said...

Well, what's not to like about canvas!! Love the way your project turned out!

Gillian .... said...

Fab song choice Lynne, love this creative heart project.