Sunday, January 8, 2012

and what is your.......

RED LETTER DAY???

the peeps over at Simon Says Stamp and Show want you to show us this week!!!

For this challenge, I chose to make a Birthday ATC.....because I believe the first and foremost
Red Letter Day is the day one is born!!!


Now, I want to give credit where credit is due. And credit goes to Cuchy. I am participating in Jump Start 2012 and watched her video about using toilet paper and embossing folders to create an ATC background. Well...let  me tell you.....I started dippin' EVERYTHING in water.....I just love how one idea can take me on the LONGEST BUNNY TRAIL!! 

SO....what was I dipping in water......
CARDBOARD.....when run through the embossing folder it gave such a sharper image
ATC background ~ painted with Acrylic Paint, spritzed with Perfect Pearls Mist, high points sanded, floated Archival Ink over the high points.



CHEAP WATERCOLOR PAPER......totally changed the texture of the paper when it was run through the embossing folder. The spiral flower was made using this technique. I cut a spiral from a diecut circle, misted the spiral with a Distress Reinker Mixture, painted on some Distress Stain ~ on the edges, misted again (so the inks will run) and coiled up!

PAPER NAPKINS.....now these were rather thick and plush and ended up being my favorite of all the mediums used. Using the Tattered Pinecone die, diecut the image, rolled it on a toothpick (see Tim's video), misted with Distress Reinker Mixture, painted some Distress Stain on the edges and misted again!

Are these flowers not LUSCIOUS!!!

So........what thoughts come to your mind when "RED LETTER DAY" is mentioned??!?!

Link your creation up to the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog.....

whooo knows you could start of the New Year winning this little ditty!!!

11 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

LOL! I have a sudden urge to run in and dip some stuff in water!! That's awesome!

Candy C said...

Lynne...I have got to watch that video. It sounds fascinating! Oh my goodness..I LOVE LOVE LOVE your flowers!! You are just the queen at making flowers anyway...but these are soo cool! I can't believe you could cut a pine cone from a napkin!! I'll have to try that sometime. That rose is absolutely beautiful! <3 Candy

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

You are amazing girl!!! Beautiful!!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

This is awesome - love the tag! Thank you for being part of Creative Jump Start :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

How wonderful recycling products to create your background, which is stunning and your flowers are fabulous and add so much dimension. Tracy x

Netty said...

woo hoo a fabulous tag and love the beautiful flowers. x

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow this is beautiful! I loved Cuchy's video too but haven't tried it yet. Kudos to you for running with it! Love the whole ATC especially the flowers and your funky crackled keyhole. Have a great day!

Cuchy said...

Ohhh Awesome texture and beautiful, so beautiful flowers. Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your work

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous atc!!!!

Terry said...

Hey there Lynne, well you made another fabulous project wowzerss the colors are just fabulous and what you did with the background and dipping it in water and through the cuttlebug...wow a really fab look....I love it. Hugs Terry xxxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous tag, Lynne! I love the heart flourish and the flowers are luxurious and fab!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!