Friday, June 20, 2014

HOME!!!

Soo many things have been happening in my 
home in the last few months....
a new grandbaby
my boy graduating from high school
to name just a few!!

Now things are about to really change...
my daughter is moving out with her boy...
and my boy will be moving to Florida
to begin the next chapter of his life!

....but HOME is ALWAYS where the HEART IS!


I created a banner for my daughter
to adorn the entrance of her new apartment
and mark a new chapter in her life!

My ideas was to keep this banner very
monochromatic and shabby!

For the base of my banner I chose 2 each of the
 Canvas Corp ~ Canvas/Burlap Shapes ~ Triangle
and 2 each of the Canvas Corp ~ Canvas/Burlap Minis Shapes ~ Flag.


I wanted to create a background for my "Triangles" so I used various
Canvas Corp ~ Kraft on Black papers,
cut slightly larger than the Canvas/Burlap Triangles,
then I distressed the edges of the paper triangles.


I adhered the Canvas Corp ~ Canvas/Burlap Minis ~ Flag to the 
larger "banner" pieces.

From a piece of
Canvas Corp ~ White on Kraft French Home Sampler paper,
I cut out the banner shapes
spelling out the word HOME!


On each "banner" piece I used pieces of vintage lace 
and a Petaloo ~ Mixed Textured Mini Blossom ~ Ivory flower.


I even stamped on the Canvas Corp ~ Canvas Triangles using 
Wendy Vecchi/Rangers Archival Ink ~ Potting Soil.


I chose to accent the first and last "banner" pieces a bit differently 
with a folded Color Me Crazy Flower
that I spritzed with 
Tattered Angels ~ Glimmer Mist ~ Precious Metals.
I then added  a loopy bow made from
Canvas Corp ~ Cord ~ Black.



I attached all the "Banner" pieces to a entire piece of 
Canvas Corp ~ Fringe.

BTW.....my daughter already knows where she wants to hang
her "Banner" and it makes my heart happy!!

PRODUCTS USED
Canvas Corp
Black on Kraft Paper

Tattered Angels
Glimmer Mist ~ Precious Metals

Petaloo
Mixed Textured Mini Blossoms ~ Ivory
Color Me Crazy ~ Flower Layers







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your banner Lynne, it's fabulous! x