Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Butterflies and BLOOMS

Hello my friends....
I want to say a BIG THANK YOU
to my girl Rachel Kleinman
for her post on Facebook about this months
CHALLENGE
over at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!


It just so happened I had a project in the works
that I could use to fit this challenge!!


I had been trying out some new Perfect Paint products
and using a new technique, I had just learned, of rubbing on
Polishing Plaster with my finger.
I was able to create this rather cool background
using this technique.


I don't know if you've noticed??
...but, I've had this thing for hearts.....lately,
ok, so yes, I will admit, A LOT!
So, why should this creation be any different??
and one from a bit of vintage curtain
that was just laying around.


I had a few 'TOVERS I chose to use,
the Bloom part of the challenge, a Petaloo Sunflower
and some ivy leaves.


I added a few Petaloo ~ Mini Pearl Daisies colored with
I also added a little of the same color,
to the previously colored Sunflower.


Last but not least......a Butterfly
another part of the challenge!

I hope you have enjoyed my creation for
and I challenge YOU to play along!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!!

Laura S Reading said...

I HEART all the textures!

Michelle Gray said...

Beautiful! I like your hearts. In this piece they are simply the background to balance and support your focal, the flower and trims. This piece is definitely frame-able. TFS! BTW, I just subscribed to MMMC.

Deb said...

Gorgeous background and love the layered hearts, thank you for sharing it! Deb xo

Astrid Maclean said...

What a stunning creation! Fantastic textures! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

Rachel said...

oh lynne i am SO THRILLED you have entered our challenge! your creation is just gorgeous, but then again i think everything you make is stunning! love it! muah! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com