Friday, May 20, 2016

It is WHAT it is...

Where do you get you inspiration??
While on a walk with my grandson I
came across this garbage can cover....
and I just had to snap a picture!


When the opportunity arose
I pulled out a bunch of Perfect Paints
and got lost in the creative process.


a bit of Shimmering Matte Acrylic Paint
some Polishing Plaster
Glaze Medium
and some "homemade" spray.

I began with a gesso'ed burlap canvas
added a layer of black gesso
and then a thin layer of
a 50/50 mixture of Glaze and Aged Copper,
which i wiped most of it off!
Then let the layering begin.


I dabbed on paint with various sponges
I mixed colors together
I combined paint and polishing plaster
all to achieve various looks and textures!

JUST LOVE THE LOOK!


Once my background was complete
the question arose....
WHAT OH WHAT to do now!
I must have stared at the canvas for a day.....


I pulled out various Petaloo blooms
the tag I had been using my 'TOVERs on
zipper parts
wire mesh
a bit of halloween netting.....


Here are a few close ups....











5 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Beautiful. I love all the bits and pieces you used, I must get some zippers!

Terry said...

Oh my gosh Lynne, your canvas is AMAZING LOVE your flowers and the flowerarrangement, LOVE the colours, actually ALL OF IT wowwzersss your canvas is just AMAZINGLY made thanks sweetie for sharing Huge hugs Terry xxx

Michelle said...

I'm not sure the trash can lid has layers and layers of paint that's wearing off or if it's pure patina from age or both, but it is a perfect inspiration for color and texture. You simulated it perfectly too! Beautiful. Love the whole piece. When I saw the first picture, I had to laugh. I thought, what is it? And you answered by saying, "it is what it is"! Ha ha!
TFS!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Oh wow, this is simply amazing - from the trash can inspiration, to the gorgeous canvas art piece!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Fragmentos ao Sol said...

Hey, Lynne! You created an amazing texture! The colors are great, very similar to the garbage can that inspired you. And the flowers, all the details are just perfect.
Thank you for your visit to my blog and for your lovely comment. xx Ilana.