Sunday, August 21, 2011

And We're Off.......

This weeks theme at Simon Says Stamp and Show is..........

TRAVEL

I had the wonderful opportunity to do a bit of this this summer......but thought immediately went to my Grandfather and his love for Travel and Cars!

I pulled out one of his photo albums and found this picture of him with my mom and the
CREATIVE JOURNEY BEGAN.........




I knew that the Flourish Frame would be just perfect so I dabbed on some Fiber Past and set it aside.

I then took the second piece of the frame and painted it with Charcoal Black Studio Paint and set is aside.

I knew I needed to use the car from Wendy's Art Parts for Guys.......so I lathered on some Antique Bronze Crackle Paint and set it aside to dry.

By this time the black frame was dry, in keeping with the "texture" theme....I dabbed on Crackle Accents.......this is when I truly learned.........I DON'T LIKE THE DRYING PROCESS. And if you get impatient and try to facilitate the process with a Heat It Tool......you may or may not like your results!!

FINALLLLLLLY........everything was dry. I inked up the Fiber Paste Frame with Vintage Photo, wrapped it with some wire mesh and began the assembling process!

I used some Vintage Buttons and a Trinket to accent the buggy.....and as I love to have something drooooping on my creations I pulled out a piece of black and white Baker's Twine! I finished my creation off with a Hanger Clip holding a Love Adage!!

SOOOOOOOO...........link up your creation over at Simon Says Stamp and Show to be in the running for this FANTABULOUS GIFT......




BEFORE YOU LEAVE............TAKE NOTE!!


 For the second year in a row, Simon Says Stamp and Show & The Simon Says Stamp Challenge are joining forces to bring you a SUPER hop and treasure hunt to celebrate the approaching fall and winter holidays. 

Be sure to come back on August 31st to start the hop.  It will run through September 5th.  Simon Says Stamp is offering some great prize packages, and there will be other opportunities to win some blog candy, too!

10 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Love it, and the twine definitely makes the composition sing!

~Linda

Terry said...

Hey there Lynne, love love love your frame, the old picci is just reat and your coloring amazing. Thank you for sharing sweetie Hugs Terry xxxx

Peggy Lee said...

GIRL DO YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING FROM WHITEFIELD!!!! you rocked it, love your frame sooooo much, love old pics and now I need all of Wendy's stuff....time to shop....thanks for sharing your creative heart.

Candy C said...

Hi Lynne! I love your little frame. It's amazingly beautiful! I am like you...I get impatient for the drying process!! But, it turned out phenomenal! Love the vintage photo as well! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

What a fabulous way to use a photograph, love love the frame, the fibre paste sounds very interesting, never used any so need to put that right. Fabulous vintage piece and adorned beautifully. Tracy x x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

What a gorgeous frame, Lynne! I really love the netting and the little hanger clip you used to embellish :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I was just thinking the other day I needed to get my fiber paste out and do something with it. And now you've inspired me to do just that. Your frame is wonderful, Lynne. I love the way it came out. And I love that you used a family photo and got it out so people can enjoy it! Terrific family keepsake.

Have a great week!

Hugs,
Linda

Sarah said...

Love this Wendy frame that you have so wonderfully Lynne-ified. That photo is a beauty and evokes such a wonderful mood. Now we all want frames and fibre paste...

Marjie Kemper said...

Great project! The mesh really adds a nice touch of texture to the frame and I love how you've done the car!

Unknown said...

This is lovely. Loving the mesh and twine ;0)

Love Dawn xx