Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Colors of Love


I have been in a bit of a creative funk lately....
so I started doing something I rarely do
I began watching Inspiration Wednesdays by Donna Downey.
I also watched a few videos by Marta Lapkowska.
My desire to create an art journal began to gnaw at me....
 then.....I FINALLY found a journal that I fell in LOVE with!!
The pages felt soooo YUMMIE!


As I dug through my box of The Crafter's Workshop stencils
I found just the PERFECT stencil that spoke to my heart....
TCW416 ~ Grunge Hearts

Now....I wanted to step out of my "color" box and work with
various products...so I pulled out my container of Faber Castell
full of Gelatos and Big Brush Pens
and chose....
Banana
Red Cherry
Grape
Mango
Squid Ink
I pulled out a paint brush
a water sprayer and I let the random stenciling begin!


Now, we need to back track a bit as
I forgot to tell you how I prepared the background.
(sadly there are no pictures)
I pulled out a package of 7gypsies Paper Tape (for the middle seam)
some vintage dictionary paper, adhered with Multi Medium
and covered lightly with Gesso.

I pulled out another The Crafter's Workshop stencil
TCW242 Damask
and applied Perfect Paints ~ Polishing Plaster ~ Apricot Lily
randomly over the spread. When dry I added
Tattered Angels ~ Glimmer Mist ~ Coffee Shop.
Thank you Marta for this inspiration!


Then I pulled out one of my fave stencils
TCW541 Believe Script
I applied Perfect Paints Shimmering Matte Acrylic ~ Shadow
with a makeup sponge randomly on my pages.


Lastly, I pulled out my
TCW455 Love Post
applied some Perfect Paints ~ Shimmering Stucco
and colored the hearts with various Gelatos
and shadowed using a Big Brush Pen.


....at this point I started adding the Gelato colors
spritzed with water.
Can I say....this journal is the bomb! It took all
the liquid I could put on it....and stayed BEAUTIFUL!


I really need to work on my "handwriting" but for today....it works!

I hope you enjoyed my creative journey....
I really think I've tapped into something here!!
Can't WAIT to try my next spread!



No comments: