Monday, February 19, 2018

Pantone Color of the Year ~ Ultra Violet


Welcome to the Pantone Color of the year ~ Ultra Violet challenge.
I have to say....violet or purple is not my favorite color to work with!
So, I decided to just jump in with both feet......
I pulled out a piece of Canvas Corp ~TissueStock
several stencils and a couple of colors of Violet
and a few tubs of The Crafter's Workshop ~ Modeling Paste
and began layering the colors.


As I said previously, I REALLY struggled with the purple.
So, to help tone it down a bit,
 I pulled out a bit of Tattered Angels ~ Glimmer Glam ~ Bon Bon
and dropped color onto my "made paper".


....even with all the layers, the TissueStock was still a bit flimsy
so I decided to adhered it to a piece of vintage sheet music.


As I was diggin' in my 'Tovers pile,
I found another piece of "made paper" with the same color palette
and a light bulb came on in my head.


I began to tear up my "made paper" and
adhered it to my found 'Tovers "made paper".


But, I still wasn't  TOTALLY happy so
I pulled out a bit of cheese cloth
and applied it to my "paper".


Then, I stenciled on a bit more of the Crafter's Workshop ~ Modeling paste.


...but it still wasn't quite finished yet.
So, I dropped a bit more "violet" onto my paper
and finished it off with some splatters
of The Crafter's Workshop ~ Gesso.


YEAH....now I was happy with my "Made Paper".
I cut it up into ATCs and made a few cards.

Here are my finished Ultra Violet cards....




Hope you enjoyed my journey of "Ultra Violet".

Products Used
Canvas Corp
TissueStock ~ Ivory
Greeting Cards
Burlap ~ Natural

Tattered Angels
Glimmer Glam
Fast Violet
Lilac
Bon Bon
Lime Cordial
Organic Garden

The Crafter's Workshop
Modeling Paste

White Pearl
Platinum
Marcasite Silver

White Gesso

Yvonne Blair Designs/Impression Obsession
French Script

Ranger 
Multi Medium ~ Matte
Archival Ink ~ Jet Black

3 comments:

Julia Cotrim said...

Great job! The texture is perfect! :)

Tina said...

I love how you totally embraced the color too! This was a tough challenge but you rocked it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous texture and for not loving the color for the challenge... you kicked it!! Wow! Your work is mesmerizing..I can stare at it and take in all those intricate details you so methodically include...