Monday, March 7, 2011

hmmmmmm......



Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog says......

SOME METAL!!

sooo I thought.......hhhhhmmmmm Metal it is!! I began to ponder and wonder if I could use my Treading Water border punch and Ten Seconds Studio Metal....and low and behold....it worked!!! I was sssssooooo EXCITED. I cut a piece of metal, ran it through my Swiss Dots embossing folder, border punched the metal and created shingles. I adhered them to the roof with Multi Medium!








I painted the wooden birdhouse with Lettuce acrylic paint. Then I adhered G45 "Once Upon A Springtime" oooohhh can't get enough of this paper!!

I accented the face of the house with buttons (a DT gift from Simon Says Stamp) and see the door.....it's an upside down Keyhole.


Of course, it had to have a flower garden. I crocheted and colored 2 flowers, then there are my Grunge Paper Roses and 2 metal Foliage flowers. I attached the flowers to Memo pins with Glossy Accents.






And do you see those wings......OMW I just love them. I cut them out of cardboard, peeled off some of the paper, the places where the paper was left, I painted with Picket Fence Crackle Paint. I then inked the paint and dabbed on a bit of Distress Stickles. I adhered them with the ever amazing Multi Medium.


I have to say I think my favorite part of my birdhouse is the vintage thread spools and I have no idea where I got them from.

So......when you think of Metal....what creative ideas pop into your mind???


Link your creations to the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog.....and you could win this....






13 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful work my friend beautiful x

Peggy Lee said...

Fabulous Lynne, this is soooo stinking cute and welcomes spring to me.

Nancy Wethington said...

Lynne, this is beautiful! I adore what you did with this. That roof! and those flowers! You are so very talented. I'm in awe!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What an amazing piece of art you have created, Lynne. I am in awe of it - so beautiful - every little detail is wonderful. Absolutely brilliant work with the metal!!

Sarah said...

This is a real labour of love but sounds like it was also great fun! Loving all the details and different flowers - so intricate...when I saw the memo-pins and could visualise the proportions and I suddenly realised how much you had put into such tiny area - brilliant. Bring on the sunshine...!
Sarah

Candy C said...

Lynne,
I love this piece!! Love how you used the edge die to make the roof on this darling house!! Beautiful job!! Your work is always amazing!

Linda M. Cain said...

Oh Lynne, this is to die for!!!!!

Linda

Lori said...

This is gorgeous Lynne! Love the roof, and the idea to use the wood spools is genius!

Kaz Hall said...

Wow!!! This is just stunning!! I love it, the wings are just beautiful and add to its charming character Thank you for sharing itsfab!
Kazx

Jen said...

This is fabulous!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow, Lynne!! This house is gorgeous, really loving the metal ROOF!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Kim said...

Beautiful!
~Kim

Trish said...

Wow! It is both beautiful, and SO clever!